How to Apply (& Remove!) LipSense
If you’ve just gotten your first tube of LipSense, congratulations! You’re going to love it. LipSense is different from any other lip color on the market, and it requires a different method of application. Watch the video below to learn how to apply LipSense.
There are also helpful tips below.
How to Apply LipSense
- Start with clean, dry lips. No lip balm! You may want to blot with tissue.
- Shake, shake, shake your LipSense color. Let it sit upright for a second before opening, otherwise the color may bubble up at the top and you’ll waste a bit.
- With lips parted, place applicator on your bottom lip at one corner. Apply a VERY thin layer in a fluid, sweeping motion to the opposite corner. For the top lip, start in the center and move to the corners.
- Keep your mouth open!
- Apply 3 thin, even layers and allow to dry 5 seconds between coats, longer for the final coat.
- Apply Glossy Gloss! You’ll notice your applicator stays clean! (If it doesn’t, allow color to dry a few seconds longer next time.)
Here’s a nice graphic on how to apply LipSense if you’re a visual learner.
A few more tips on applying LipSense:
- Don’t move applicator back and forth. Put on another layer only once the last one is dry.
- Don’t allow lips to touch during application, until after you Gloss. No smacking, rubbing lips or talking when applying your layers!
- If your lips are dry, you may feel The Tingle at first. This is caused by the cosmetic grade alcohol in LipSense color. It will go away as soon as you apply Gloss. As the shea butter and Vitamin E in Gloss restores moisture to your lips, it will stop happening altogether.
How to Remove LipSense:
Now it’s time to remove your LipSense! I usually remove mine at the end of the day when I’m doing my skin care routine.
- Remove extra gloss with a tissue.
- Apply Ooops! Remover (I like to tap it out onto my finger instead of applying it with the wand, so my wand stays clean).
- Wait a minute for it to sink in.
- Remove with a warm, wet washcloth or non-linty cotton round.
- You might have to apply a second layer of Ooops! to get a dark or bold color off.
- Now apply Glossy Gloss to moisturize your lips. They’ll be baby soft!
- What is LipSense?
- LipSense FAQ
Any questions? Leave them in comments below!