The 3 most important skincare products
Allow me to share a quick story. It illustrates what the 3 most important skincare products that you need are – both for anti-aging and for beautiful skin at any age!
Yesterday I met a childhood friend for dinner. We’ve known each other since I was a toddler, but hadn’t seen each other in over 20 years. I was so impressed with her skin! The next day I texted:
Why are these 3 the most important skincare products?
- Retinol was first invented for acne-prone skin and doctors noticed how it produced other effects, brightening/evening skin tone etc! Doctors then began recommending it for anti-aging
- Retinol stimulates the production of new blood vessels to grow under the surface of the skin – leading to that luminous glow!
- Retinol also stimulates collagen production for plumper skin
- Vitamin C promotes collagen production and thus helps to fill in fine lines and wrinkles
- Vitamin C protects your skin from free radical damage – including the sun’s UV rays.
- Vitamin C speeds up healing (think acne scars and other blemishes)
- Vitamin C reduces skin discoloration
- And obviously, sunscreen helps prevent premature aging, sun spots and cancer
Yes ma’am! Comment on this post if you have questions.